FNECN Terms of Reference
To provide a sustainable consultative forum of key stakeholders to share research, best practice, current projects, events, advocacy and expertise relevant to the field of Early Childhood Education and Care and related areas. Information will be disseminated throughout the early childhood community networks (ECCNs).
Particular attention will be given to the following via professional conversations and data sharing:
- Build connections across, manage and support community networks
- Support and mentor emerging Early Childhood professionals
- Maintain currency of learning and professional development
- Acknowledge and welcome the voices and perspectives of all who support early childhood learning and development
CONTEXT AND RESEARCH:
- Why? Early intervention and community engagement recognises and acknowledges the significance of the early years and how we as a community play a vital role in supporting who our children are and are becoming.
- What? We aim to establish a culture of collaboration through community networks - with the intent to effectively address the health, education, and social/emotional well being of children from birth to eight years and their families.
- How? The FNECN community partners will help to establish and support Early Childhood Community Networks to collaborate, empower and strengthen the capacity of each local community. Through data collection, analysis and working within a cycle of inquiry, we endeavour to ensure our work is current and effective.
MEMBERSHIPS AND MEETING GUIDELINES
FNECN Administration Team: The FNECN administration team is responsible for the administration of the network. Roles and responsibilities are as follows:
- Meeting Facilitator: Scheduling, meeting agendas and reminders and chair meetings - Reesa Sorin
- Financial Administration and Minutes - Donna McCulloch
- Current financial commitments are as follows:
- Subscription for Website including data entry and collection- Annual commitment $456 - Department of Education Early Childhood
- Subscription for Newsletter and membership data management - Annual commitment $250 - FNQ TAFE
- Meeting general supplies and catering - Annual commitment $200 - Creche and Kindergarten Association
- Meeting room and equipment hire - in kind -FNQ TAFE
- ECCN administrator & website - Irene Goodrich
- Newsletter administrator & website - Moniek de Kievith
- Facebook administrator & website - Andrew McLean
- Data collection and analysis (project sponsored by Department of Education) - Ben Walker (tba)
Community Partners: This group is comprised of representatives of key stakeholders of far north Queensland’s early childhood services. Refer to Community Partners page.
- Community Partners will meet regularly throughout the year to share information and discuss further directions. Members currently meet Bi-monthly on the second Thursday of the month, excluding school holidays.
Early Childhood Community Networks (ECCNs): ECCNs are groups of early childhood practitioners and community members located in Far North Queensland. The groups plan and collaboratively implement activities and professional development across schools, early years centres and community services. ECCNs are co-facilitated by a representative from schooling and the early years sector.
To ensure new members are updated on the group’s purpose and scope, all new members will:
- Read Terms of Reference
- Become an online member and ensure details are kept up to date
- Make every attempt to attend meetings or send a representative
- Attend ECCNs where possible
- Become FNECN Facebook member where possible
CONTACT DETAILS ADMINISTRATION MEMBERS AS AT JANUARY 2018
Associate Professor, Early Childhood Education (JCU)
(07) 4232 1116
0410 059 997
SECRETARY: MINUTES AND DISTRIBUTION
Learning for Life Program Coordinator (Smith Family)
0481 902 683
NEWSLETTER and WEBSITE
Early Childhood Teacher (TAFE)
EARLY CHILDHOOD COMMUNITY NETWORK and WEBSITE
Transitions Officer – Department of Education (ECEC)
(07) 4036 5010
FACEBOOK and WEBSITE
Children’s Services Manager (C&K)
0400 878 251
CURRENT PROJECT sponsored by Department of Education Early Childhood
DATA COLLECTION and ANALYSIS
Capability Development Department of Education (ECEC)